Yeah, so we are making brownies! Two things I love in life are mint and brownies. Recently I decided to bring my two loves together to bring to you this delicious and healthy plant based mint chocolate brownie recipe!!
- 90g dairy free mint flavoured chocolate (I like Pana Organic chocolate)
- 45g plain dairy free chocolate
- 2 cups medjool dates (Make sure they are nice and soft)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius
- Coarsely chop the mint flavoured chocolate and set aside in a bowl
- Coarsely chop the plain chocolate and set aside in a bowl
- Add the medjool dates, coconut oil and water to a food processor and blend until the mixture becomes a smooth consistency, remembering to scrape down the sides as you go to ensure everything is well combined
- Add the pecans to the food processor along with the date mixture. Blend until combined, however do not over do this step as you want the pecans to remain chunky and not too fine
- Transfer the date mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add in the cocoa powder, mint chocolate and a pinch of salt and mix together until well combined (This step takes some work, however stick with it and everything will come together nicely)
- Transfer to a small-medium size baking pan lined with baking paper and spread evenly using a spatula
- Sprinkle the plain chocolate over the top and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting them up into bite size pieces
These brownies are without a doubt the most delicious brownies I have ever come up with. They are so soft and gooey which is exactly how you want them to be! Enjoy them with a cup of tea, coffee, or simply on their own.
Make sure you tag me @amyghioni on instagram if you recreate this recipe and leave me a comment letting me know your favourite dessert!